suzuki dt60 runs rough as a badgers arse

alfredjohn

Recruit
kept this engine outside all winter.now it will not tick over very well.coughs and splutters then stops.seems to be a lot of travel on throttle before it increases the revs. is it o.k to use unleaded fuel in this engine.iam new to boating but dont mind getting my hands dirty if any one can give me some tips on tuning this engine up.<br />john :confused:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: suzuki dt60 runs rough as a badgers arse

Good day, AJ.<br /><br />I am familiar with the attitude of our North American badger from a few accidental confrontations. Certainly a self assured and bellicose creature.<br /><br />I have no experience with a badger's arse, however. Is it as rough as his attitude? :rolleyes: <br /><br />Red sky at night. . .<br />JB :)

alfredjohn

Recruit

thanks alot<br />i will try cleaning out the carb. :)

Bear

Lieutenant Commander

alfredjohn, you didn't drain the carbs before the winther did you. This is what will happen if you don't. If you are lazy you do that before storage. There is a few things I rather do than cleaning carbs. Cleaning carbs is #12 on my list ;) <br /><br />And for the arse word I guess that is very common in UK and doesn't mean that much as it used to. On this forum it is unnecessary to say the least. We know rough is the opposite of smooth. And smooth it will be after some work.<br /><br />I'll try to give you a true story (I'm working on my english everytime I'm here):<br />Honda was about to release their new car model Fitta around the world. In Sweden too. Fitta in swedish is the most known word for what girls ond women have between their legs, like cun* (hold on - I'm getting to the point). Everyone knows about the word here, from the age of 4. The funnny thing about this story is what happend at the marketing headquarters in Japan when they heard from the swedish dealers. My guess is that they are prudish in Japan. They are going to sell the car under a different name in Europe...<br />The story was on the news in Sweden. We don't hear the word fitta on the TV news that often. Somehow I think they thought that was kind of funny too.<br /><br />There was a similar story with Mitsubishi Pajero 4x4 in South America. It's not necessary for me to explain that.<br /><br />Sometimes I refer to my Johnson. That is my 1965 6 hp Johnson outboard and nothing else. I think I'm about to lose myself here so let's just say it isn't easy with all these words. There is a lot of people reading here so we'll have to try to be nice. I hope I didn't offend Admin5 or anyone. <br /><br />Yepblaze did post a good link (nice work on that page). Follow that link and have fun.<br /><br /> :) <br />/Bear

alfredjohn

Recruit

alright<br />i apoligise for using an expletive.<br />bear you are right ileft fuel in carb all winter.know i will clean itout and hopefully get it back together.<br />john :rolleyes:

Bear

Lieutenant Commander

Expletive, now I have to look in my dictio... dictionary again. Ah, I found it.<br /><br />Where were we, the carb, yes. Let us know how it works out for you. <br /><br />/Bear