where can I buy a carb kit for50hp yamaha

capt Tony

Recruit
I am rebuilding the carbs on my 1988 yamaha 50 due to stale fuel build-up. Do I need to replace the gaskets, etc? If so where can I buy a reasonably priced replacement kit? The local dealer wanted $84 per carb.

D

DJ

Re: where can I buy a carb kit for50hp yamaha

Capt,<br /><br />You're pretty much stuck with OEM on these parts. Yes, you need to replace the gaskets. You can't afford a fuel or vacuum leak in this area. A fuel leak is deadly, a vacuum leak has the potential of melting down the powerhead.

capt Tony

Recruit

Thanks D -<br /><br />The carb kit includes a new float, needle, and other stuff besides the gaskets. Do I only need the gaskets ... and is there an internet source that might be more reasonable then the dealer.

D

DJ

Capt.<br /><br />Once you have them apart, you might as well. No sense doing it twice.

harrison20002

Petty Officer 1st Class

One of our little kickers has tillotson carb. It's quite a distance to the nearest dealer so I tried a local small engine shop and bingo! I don't know if I got a deal or not [$34.00], but I got everything I needed and saved myself a 100 mile trip. Hope this helps. Happy New Year. Hal ;)

fin addict

Cadet

I just bought 3 genuine Yamaha carb kits for a 95 150 from a cert yamaha repair center in s. florida for 22.06 a piece. He may be able to mail them to you. If your interested let me know and I'll e-mail you his info.