Temp Sender on Yamaha 90HP ? Where?

John from Madison CT

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Greetings,<br /><br /> I have a Yamaha 90hp Outboard ('89) and I want to install a Temp guage which requires the installation of a temp sender. <br /> Does anyone know where this gets attached to the powerhead block?<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />John

petryshyn

Commander
Re: Temp Sender on Yamaha 90HP ? Where?

Hey man.....here are some ideas!! Check out the one on the right....<br />Click me<br />Good luck!!<br /> :) <br /><br />
yamaha.gif

John from Madison CT

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Schematic,<br /><br /> Thank you ! I appreciate you posting a reply with the info..<br /> Now for the dumb questions, but do you know which bolt to take out? Also, I can't tell by the diagram but is the sender actually in the water?<br /> Also, can you recommend a place to buy these parts, gauge, sender and bushing thing-a-ma-jig?<br /><br />Thank you,<br /><br />John

petryshyn

Commander

Never seen your engine, but.....I'd look around the block and head areas for a plug(not a head bolt)(probably used in sand casting the block) Most likely has a recessed hex head (like a female allen head) If you can't find it, just ask and I'm sure some nice tech will help us out.(dealer would know for sure) As far as gauges go.....teleflex has awfull good support and some nice info. Cruise their site Here and phone em for a dealer near you...<br />Got to go feed the sled dogs, getting cold up here......!!!LOL (wife wants to go out for supper)LOL<br /> :p