Suzuki df150 getting fat

Chowda

Recruit
I recently ordered a boat with Suzuki df150 mechanical shift w/25" shaft. The 2016 brochure for the motor shows it weighs 485 lbs. The website shows as of 2017 the same configuration weighs 522 lbs. In this day and age of lighter, stronger materials and everyone wanting more power with less weight how are they adding weight to the same engine?

Do you think the weight will negatively affect the boat?

It is a SeaArk 2072 vfx cc that weighs 1250 lbs and is 94" wide. It is rated for up to 175 hp. It will have the console moved forward so the 2 trolling motor batteries will be centrally located on the boat. Plus, the 28 gallon fuel tank is under the front deck. Additionally, it will have floatation pods.

I tried to add pics of a boat set up like the one I ordered but apparently don't have enough posts to add them.

Thanks

alldodge

Staff member
One more post and i should be able to post pics. Please bear with me.

Agree, but please stick to the same thread. There is no need to start another thread to get the post count up

And Howdy

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
I would think they had a reason for the added weight.
maybe they were having problems with some components and needed to beef them up

Chowda

Recruit
Well fat engine or not I signed the papers today. Now I have to wait until April or so for it to come in. Can't wait!

alldodge

Staff member
Good looking boat, but think I would insist on it coming with a prop :D :rolleyes:

fetch?id=10522752&d=1513609591.jpg

tommarvin

Ensign
I don't think they weigh the motors with the prop on the motor,so they can say how light it is.
Nice boat,good for you,to move the CC forward,why do you have to wait so long till April?,for delivery?
I would add a fuel water separator the large Yamaha filter
I'm guessing Florida?.