Suzuki DT30 Serial Number Location

wfraz

Recruit
Hey yall, I just got a new (to me) Suzuki DT30 that is supposedly a 95 or 96 year model. The serial plates on the clamp bracket have either been removed or painted over. I want to find another location on the block where a serial number may be stamped or placed. Does anybody have any ideas? I have searched top to bottom on that engine block and I can't find anything helpful. Preciate it, yall have a good one.

tommarvin

Ensign
We have Mercury's , and the spark plug wires say 2002.
You could look around for the year on other parts.
Your right somebody painted over the serial plates, you may find them.
On Mercurys there is a plate down by the clamps?
Anyway, what brings you here, it has to be more than year-make model?
This forum does't need a year to fix your motor,you just have to tell us whats wrong with your motor so we can help you fix your motor.,

wfraz

Recruit
I'd just like to find out so that I could possibly contact Suzuki about getting new plates made, and because in Arkansas, where I live, the Game and Fish get really suspicous when it comes to removal of serial numbers. we have many people who have suped up motors that say they are 25s but in reality they are 50s

tommarvin

Ensign
I get it now, if the plate is painted over you should be able to find the plate.
You could take it to Fish and game and ask then what to do, there there to help us in WA state.
Call Suzuki and ask them. Or a dealer/mechanic.

Last edited:

Mohawkmtrs

Chief Petty Officer
Just looked at a manual for a DF30 (4-Stroke) and it says there should be a small dime-sized plug on the block with the serial #...dunno if your 2-stroke will be similar.