Need a Top (1st) Carb for a 88 Suzuki DT115

boatsmith

Cadet
The float pin tower on my carb cracked off. I'm looking for a replacement carb or a housing. It is the top carburetor on the 1988 Suzuki DT115 2 stroke Outboard.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Your location ?----Model #----Any numbers on your carburetor ?------May know of some used carburetors on 115 Suzuki motors ?

boatsmith

Cadet
Location is Houma, LA. Suzuki engine model DT115, serial number 11502-811598. Carbs are Mikuni made but no model number on them. Top carb has two threaded screw holes on top for choke solenoid and some additional linkage hardware.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
I have 2 those 4 cylinder motors for parts.----Have you looked at drilling / tapping for a 10-32 screw to replace the broken post .-----Then just a matter of drilling a hole at the correct height for the float pin.

boatsmith

Cadet
Yeah I thought about finding a #2 carb with the same fuel inlet, drilling & threading the solenoid mount holes, swapping the linkage hardware. but why would I need to change the float height? This is a last resort kind of thing as it would cost more than I want to spend for accurate machine work and labor/time.

boatsmith

Cadet
OK thanks. So you think it has enough metal in the housing to drill and tap? I'll take a look. Gave it to a mechanic to do a search.