2006 F115 Hard Start After Warm Up

olbonewma

Recruit
I have a 2006 F115 that will not start after it has been warmed up. If I wait 30 minutes, it starts right up. I found a post that describes my problem exactly. Here it is:
Yamaha F115 hard starting once it has been run.
July 28th, 2013, 08:46 PM
I have a 2001, Yamaha F115 with 1011 hours. Three times this summer in the last 40 hours of using it has been very hard to start. This happens after running normally and turning the engine off and trying to start within 30 minutes of stopping. Today I tried a new primer bulb, portable gas tank with fresh gas but could not get it to start. Also today when it would not start the warning horn was sounding while the engine was turning over. Six hours later I was testing the flow on the fuel pump and the engine started right up. Fuel flow was good, I connected the original fuel lines, and ran the engine for 5 minutes on the trailer with no problems. Any ideas of what to test or look for would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

Problem solved. Answer posted on #26 in thread. problem was the shift position switch

Well,
I changed the shift position switch and it seemed to work for 1 weekend. However, the next weekend, the problem resurfaced.

In addition to the shift position switch, my mechanic changed spark plugs, secondary fuel filter, fuel squeeze ball, drained the VST tank, checked fuel pressure.

Mechanic spoke with Yamaha Tech, and they said to check the float and needle in the VST tank. Have not tried that yet.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark