F60 4 stroke carbs and ultrasonic bath?

sutor623

Rear Admiral
Hey fellas,

I have lots of experience with outboards. Even 4 stroke fuel injection. I, however, have not had any experience with 4 stroke carburetors. I have a bud of mine that wanted to have me get his 2003 F60 running again, and the dealer pulled the carbs all apart and said they couldn't get the main jets out to clean everything, so the threw the carbs in their own bags, disassembled and told him to buy new carbs. He refused as they are $363 each, then the labor of getting it all back together.

Anyways, I noticed that they only had two carbs with main jets that they couldnt get out. The carbs are filthy and have a decent amount of corrosion in them.

Now, moving forward. The motor has good compression. 207, 201, 202, 207 and is in very good cosmetic shape. He told me he is tired of thinking about it and told me I could just buy it for $1000 with controls.

So, what I was wondering, was if I were to clean these bad boys up, what solution and which ultrasonic bath should I buy to do so? I don't mind spending $100 or so on an ultrasonic bath. I am sure I will get plenty of good use out of it!!! I am persistant and take my time, and am confident that with some encouragement I can get the jets out to clean the nozzles. (I normally dont even take the main jets out when I clean carbs, but maybe these 4 strokes are more finnicky!?! I have been looking for a nice 50-75hp engine (4 stroke, even better!!) and Id love to get this girl up and running. I have the money I just dont want to soak up too much time and MORE $$ getting her going again.

stormmnv

Petty Officer 3rd Class
having worked on Honda carbs 40hp to 90hp. that had been sitting for a year or more with fuel in them and become varnished and gummed up, some of them, no matter what you do, commercial carb cleaner, ultrasonic, will not clean up and perform properly... spend money on carb parts and you still may have the same problem... I have purchased new carbs from a Honda online parts dist. and they run about 200.00 each with gaskets.
Might try rebuilding the two with jets out and replacing the other two... These were good engines and worth the repair price. If you are not interested and he wants to sell the engine, have him call me 702-321-4129