Part # needed for a 1992 P50 Yamaha

I am having trouble locating a part # for the tube that runs from the solenoid valve assembly on the lower carb to the top of the intake.
Or, can someone advise what type of tubing I could use to replace it.
Thanks in advance.

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
That is not a solenoid. It is called a PrimeStart by Yamaha. Allows additional fuel to flow when it is cold and reduces and then stops the flow of additional fuel as the device, and the motor, warm up. The wires are for an internal heating coil embedded within the device.

I don't recall ever having seen a tube connected to the PrimeStart component. Do you have a photo showing where it might attach? To either the PS or the intake?

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
Looking at a later model 50 HP two stroke I see two tubes that run between the number two carburetor and (1) the number one carburetor and (2) the manifold plate. Maybe one of these is what you need.

4l3edz.jpg

No Title

The shop manual drawing made it appear as if the solenoid valve was attached to the middle carb, but that may be a rendering error. Pics attached. Thanks!

Attachments

• photo279340.jpg
    photo279340.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo279341.jpg
    photo279341.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
From the parts diagram, I am assuming the part # is 90445-07M24-00. I would just pick up some tubing for it, but want to make sure the I.D. is correct and that the tubing is ethanol compatible. I don't plan to run any ethanol fuel in this motor if I can help it, but I want any new fuel lines to be ethanol resistant.