1992 suzuki dt6

neerajsus

Cadet
I have a 1992 suzuki dt6....and it just stalls when I try to put it towards 'slow' in neutral. Will work fine on high RPM's in forward and reverse. But the reason I wrote here is that when thd rpm's are high it automaticly jumps into forward gear. It will go in reverse but doesn't slips in reverse (which is hiw it suppise to be..not suppose to slip on its own in any gear until manually done so). It gives a sudden jolt to boat and somebody can fall in the water if not paying attention. If sonebody can direct me a tad bit, I can prolly fix it.....I do have Seloc manual but its not the very best manual. I will appreciate help.
Thnx
Raj :)

neerajsus

Cadet
Yes the stalling prob seems like carb but I still can't figure out the automatic jump into fieward from.neutral when throttlled up.
I also noticed that when the motor is off as in boat out of water, if you push the shift lever to reverse it'll go normal but when you push to forward it just doesn't make too much movement and just sludes to forward as if it was wairing to go in forward gear. Its hard to explain. But anyhoo...where should I start for this... as in diagnosing...besides right away open the lower unit and that is what seems like is certain in near future

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
not sure about that little suzuki, but some motors are spring loaded to forward. You have to compress a spring to get to neutral and reverse.
Maybe your controls are out of adjustment

neerajsus

Cadet
I'll see if theres anything in the repair manual..or call suzuki shop and see what they say. Its a good quiet motor.