03' 150 TXRB Oil lifting issue

jimmyHand

Recruit
This oiling system is driving me nuts. Both senders work properly. Pump lifts oil as it should manually. Brown wire has 12v at the pump but the ECM will not send ground signal to the blue wire. Checked both senders twice. Have checked continuity on all wires and they all check out. Could it be the sensor that detects the flywheel rotation? New ECM, both senders are New as well. All grounds have been cleaned. Left the boat today baffled. I've read tons of posts on this subject but all of them point to items I've already replaced. Any help would be appreciated.

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
If the ECM is not providing a ground to the blue wire then the ECM is kaput.

The engine normally needs to be running for the ECM to ground the blue wire. With one exception. That being the initial fill mode.

Drain the main tank via the sight sump. Clean, reattach and secure the sump. Leave the main tank empty. Ensure the remote tank has plenty of oil. Turn the key to the ON position only. Test the blue wire at the ECM for a ground. No ground, ECM is kaput. If there is a ground, the problem lies elsewhere.

jimmyHand

Recruit
Thanks Defoe your response. After running the boat down the river the tanks seems to fill up on its own. However the pump does not operate during the initial key up. Brand new CDI from Yamaha. We were confident that the old one was the issue as all the components checked out. Was surprised to still see some inconsistencies after replacing the CDI. Nonetheless it seems to operate as it should under way. Thanks again boscoe99.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
If the oil pump does not run at key on engine off to fill the tank as Boscoe said ,there is still something wrong

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
If the oil pump does not run at key on engine off to fill the tank as Boscoe said ,there is still something wrong

Exactly. Intermittent issues due to wiring problems will cause people to buy CDI's they don't need.

"Was surprised to still see some inconsistencies after replacing the CDI."