Upgrading Outboard

Redfisher16

Recruit
I am thinking up upgrading my current motor, a 2015 Yamaha 90 hp 4-stroke, with a Yamaha 115 hp 4-stroke and would like to know if it's a simple swap (i..e. same mounting bolts and same overall size - cowling). Part of why I ask is I have a platform on this boat and if the 115 hp is dimensionally larger it might not fit under the current platform. From what I can find in the Yamaha manual, these motors appear to be basically the same motor as the115 motor is only 11 pounds heavier and 236 cc larger in displacement. Thanks for any help.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
bolt pattern is a universal thing these days. cant answer about the power head or cowling

ClassicAQ

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Because of your platform it's the height of the upper cowling that would be of concern. And assuming you'd mount the F115 through the same transom holes as you did with the F90. The F90 and F115 have no measurement difference, from top of bracket to top of upper cowling.

Redfisher16

Recruit
Excellent, that's what I thought but figured it be a good idea to ask others that know way more than I do about things like this. Thanks for the replies.