Suzuki DT65 cutting out when throttling back from full throttle

ads007

Recruit
Hopefully someone might have an idea what is happening here. Very strange issue. Engine starts great. First turn of the key. Idles well, goes up the rev range and produces plenty of power on full throttle. Fitted on a Fletcher GTO. Fresh fuel - Day 1 everything goes well a half hour run with engine going up and down the rev range. Engine never switched off at any time. Day 2 - engine fired up first turn of the key, idled great for a long period whilst fiddling about with the bilge pump, went for a longer blast than day 1 and then started to come back to shore. Stopped to fish for a bit, engine cut. Restart engine after a bit to move position. Went to throttle down and then the engine just cuts on throttling down. Engine restarts perfectly and will throttle up back onto the plane but then cuts when throttling back down to idle. This behaviour started a year ago. I cleaned out the carbs and this year all was going great until it started again. What could it be? I have read about oil sensor level switches cutting. The engine does not seem to be going into limp mode. Baffled .... and frustrated. Hope someone knows where to start looking. Can only replicate the mode out on the water. Located in Scotland.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
if cleaning the carbs helped last time, i would think they need it again

ads007

Recruit
Removed and rebuilt this afternoon. Fingers crossed this time. Ran OK on the cuffs. Now for the on the water test

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
If it keeps happening you need to figure out how bad stuff is getting into the carbs