Yamaha 2004 2stroke 150 TXRC tilt lock lever "sloppy" on the starboard side - Replacement

cstaceyt

Cadet
Yamaha 2004 2stroke 150 TXRC tilt lock lever "sloppy" on the starboard side - Replacement

My 12 year old 150 2 stroke is having some issues on the tilt lock lever. Starboard side lever is very loose. Looks like there is some sort of connection collar with pins on the starboard side of the lever and I see what looks like some white color plastic grommets on the shaft. Service manual shows several plastic parts and some roll pins holding everything together. My question is, is this something I can change out at the house of should I see a professional ? It looks fairly straight forward by looking at the service manual however not sure how to get the roll pins out ? It's pretty confined work area as well. Do the pins just push out with perhaps some sort of punch ? Any tips or tricks appreciated. Would appreciate any experts weighing in on type job..

Thank You !

ClassicAQ

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I"ve looked at the parts schematic for your engine. Looks like there are only 2 components...the tilt locking arm and the bushing the arm articulates with. The bushing should pop/pry out, which would also bring out the arm simultaneously. Or, pull the arm out of the bushing then remove the bushing. Replace bushing and reassemble.

robert graham

Admiral
Is the spring in place and operating?....the spring should sorta remove the play or "slop" in the operation....

cstaceyt

Cadet
Just a follow up for anyone else that may experience this or something similar. Problem was a nylon bushing that had cracked on the tilt stop lever shaft on the starboard side. You have to take a small punch and drive out a small spring pin in order to free the shaft. Once done, the shaft just slides out. Thread on an new bushing, replaced the spring pin and your good to go. I picked up the parts at the marine store this morning and it took me about an hour to complete. Thanks to everyone who provided input.