1989 yamaha 90hp bogging issue

Joeb789

Recruit
Hey guys new to the forum, I got a 1989 yamaha 90hp outboard that bogs down when in gear and given throttle. It's been sitting a few years got it running and realized the bottom carb was overflowing so I got rebuild kits and rebuilt all the carbs also new spark plugs fuel filter and water pump. Got it running was running rough so I adjusted the idle screw and timing screw and got it to run smooth. While still on the trailer in the water I put it in gear and gave it throttle to see how it would do and it bogged down nd shut off. I kept trying that and adjusted the screws more and it didn't really help eventually i just took it out on the water for a ride it ram great at wot and did a few laps around the lake. Came back to the dock it sat about ten mins or so took it out again started right up idles fine put it in gear and gave it throttle and it would just bog and the more throttle u gave it the more it would then it would just die I'm thinking maybe a fuel pump not to sure. If anyone has any ideas to send me that would be great I appreciate it thanks!

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
set the carbs as the spec in manual calls for.
make sure to follow the link and sync any time you put the carbs back on