throttle problem

pequa1

Cadet
Not that I remember, but after flushing out my 1999 c90hp Yamaha in a SeaPro DC180 2 weeks ago I must have left the throttle (which is labeled ?Yamaha Remote control?)in neutral but forward as though revving, and not straight up. Just started the boat up in the driveway to insure its ready Monday and now it?s really tricky pushing the button in to rev the boat in neutral. Throttle just wants to stay up. I can push the button (actually pulling it upward with index and middle finger) to free the throttle to go forward or rearward thus putting it in drive, but this neutral revving is really tricky. Besides replacing everything, any thoughts ?

pequa1

Cadet
No Title

as you can see, its an old setup, I bought the boat and Yamaha o/B new in 99. Since it seems that the throttle going into forward drive or reverse might be OK, and its just problems with "button" that I push through that rubber whatchamacallit "seal" that the one pic shows me pulling out, should I just spray some oil or lubricant in there ?

Attachments

• photo268603.JPG
    photo268603.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo268604.JPG
    photo268604.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 0

robert graham

Admiral
Same motor as mine....drop the lower unit and with some pliers move the shift splined shaft to the neutral position(while turning prop shaft), then put your control lever in the straight up neutral position, replace lower unit. Wrap a rag around those splines so you don't bugger them up with pliers.

robert graham

Admiral
And that button doesn't do anything, since the motor doesn't have a choke....it has a Primestart automatic enrichening device. The black rubber grommet is just there to keep water out of ignition switch....

pequa1

Cadet
Not wishing to disassemble a unit so integral to the boat's operation, especially after it totally locked up after my first postings and even the red button would not move, I took it in to my go to, Pearl Grey of Amityville Monday night, and got it back this morning. A spring thing in the red button had shifted sideways. Never having been serviced, the whole remote control lever (or throttle thing in my lingo) had some corrosion and little lubricant. Even adding some lube to the grommet made it fit again. Thank you for the advice, but I knew dropping the o/d was beyond me, lol and luckily it was not necessary.