90 hp four stroke yamaha, milky water in oil, steam coming from exhaust, help

My four stroke runs great for about 1 minute but when it heats up it starts shaking on idle or nuetral. Give it some throttle half speed or full speed it runs great. Pulled oil dip stick and it was to the top with milky oil. Never ran hot and have never heard any alarms. I have been running it this way since last sept. Not on purpose just thought it was clogged injectors And had oil changed in December with spark plugs change. Fouled the plug almost immediately. Pulled all four plugs and turned engine over, water and gas shot out of number two port. Number four might have had a little water on it to. Any help is appreciated

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Not much we can say.
needs to be looked at to find where water is getting into the cylinders.

never good to run a sick motor

Yeah, we thought it was just an injector because it runs fine under load which is confusing. Never would have ran it if I had known there was water in the oil. Does anyone have information about any common problems with an 2006 90 four stroke yamaha getting water in the oil and also since we have ran it this way for months has there been damage done that I need to just buy a new engine?

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
running a motor that has any problem can cause very bad things to happen.
if injectors are not doing what they should they can lean out or flood a cylinder. neither one of those is a good thing.

if you are handy you can take it apart and see what all is wrong.
If not then you will have to pay someone and hope they are not crooks.

find someone that you trust and knows what they are doing

Only one I know is the dealer, I'm guessing they might not tell me the truth. If the head gasket is blown do you think something might be cracked? Has the water already damages other parts. Do you have any idea if anything else could cause the water other than a crack or gasket?

mike_i

Master Chief Petty Officer
If you have oil and water mixing I'm guessing either a cracked block or blown head gasket. My outboard blows a little steam sometimes depending on the ambient air temp and humidity, not a problem but in your case it could be water in the cylinder issue.Good luck keep us posted.

Mohawkmtrs

Chief Petty Officer
Do a compression test and possibly follow that up with a cylinder leak-down test.