9.9 kicker

redlinj

Petty Officer 1st Class
Seems like a stupid question to ask but is there some way to lock my 2011 9.9 yamaha kicker in a stationary position when tilted all the way up? It flops from side to side when using the main engine. It has power tnt so that keeps it stationary in the up position but what can keep it from flopping side to side?

redlinj

Petty Officer 1st Class
Yes, yes of course. Why didn't I think of that! However there seems like there should have been some sort of locking mechanism built in!

mxcobra

Chief Petty Officer
mY tohtsu has a bolt on the side you tighten doun. I would be sure A Yamaha would have the same type of thing.

redlinj

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ill have to download a manual. Will take another peek and hopefully see what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, sometimes I can't find milk in the refrigerator! Thanks!

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
I would think a bolt would be more of a pain to have to loosen back up when you wanted to use it than a bungy cord.
would have to dig out the tools to do it

mxcobra

Chief Petty Officer
Ill have to download a manual. Will take another peek and hopefully see what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, sometimes I can't find milk in the refrigerator! Thanks!
This is funny (were is the darn wrench to tighten the damn bolt), I would probly be screaming at the wife......