Yamaha 90 HP carb rebuild question

Jim Hawkins

Chief Petty Officer
Can someone tell me where the heck is this supposed to be used? My best guess is that they are supposed to be cut apart and used in two places. I can see using the small O ring on the lower bowl fuel drain brass plug but the big one won't fit anywhere. Too small for either the air intake side or motor side of the carb. Part # is 6h4-14198-01
Help me, before I do something rash

Attachments

• photo267804.jpg
    photo267804.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 0

charleso

Petty Officer 2nd Class
It's a wonderful tool for Yammie parts. I get the parts diagrams and parts numbers and come back to iboats to find the part.

Jim Hawkins

Chief Petty Officer
It's a swell tool but it didn't help me. Nowhere under carb or intake did it show that part or part number..
I hate when they do this. Is it so hard to include a diagram in the parts kit?

Jim Hawkins

Chief Petty Officer
and plugging the part number into the search tool on the Yamaha site said - no results.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
fairly sure it is the o ring gasket for the carb to intake.
look for an indention the oring will fit into

3 of those came with my C40TLRX carb kit, but I do not see anything like that in the 90 kit

Jim Hawkins

Chief Petty Officer
No Title

here's a picture of the old O rings that were on the front and back of the carb with the new one inside. It is too small to fit either place, I tried

Attachments

• photo267819.jpg
    photo267819.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 0

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
yes the 3 that came in my kit looked like your new one and they fit on my carbs without cutting.

are you sure you got that in a kit for your 90?
I do not see that in the pics of a 90 carb kit, but I have not way of knowing what 90 you have.

if you do a web search for that part # it shows up as a carb gasket/oring for a 40-50 yamaha

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
put it in an evelope and mail it to me for a spare in case I ever need it.
were there more than one in the kit?

Probably someone screwed up when packaging your kit, or just messing with you.

I remember the stories of having to cut open frames on cars to find out what the rattle was customers complained of to find coke bottle or something else inside a welded frame rail

Last edited:

Jim Hawkins

Chief Petty Officer
your right, I ordered the wrong kit. The gasket/o ring is not for this carb. Everything else in the kit fit exactly but the kit lacked some things

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Yamaha kits do not ususally come with everything that could be needed in a carb, but normally the thing that are needed the most