Yamaha115 alarm

Rook1

Recruit
Hi, after a night of fishing I started the motor to head in and the alarm went off after 5 min of idling. I turned off the motor and checked the oil. It was a little low but nothing crazy. I turned the motor on after 5 min of rest and started to head in. After 15 min the alarm sounded again. I put it in neutral and the alarm went off. I felt the water coming out of the pisser and if was normal. I turned off the motor and checked the oil again and it was the same. This whole time driving I was between 2500 and 3000 rpm. I started it again and continued in for 15 min around 3500 to 4000 rpm and alarm sounded again. I went into neutral and alarm went off. Checked temp of water coming out pisser and was normal again. Without turning off motor I continued heading in and it happened again after 15 min. Went into neutral and it went off. I continued in for another hr at 3000 rpm and alarm never sounded again. Each time alarm would sound for a couple seconds and go off leaving oil and temp lights lit and when kicked into neutral lights would go off. Thanks in advance for any input. It is greatly appreciated.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
both oil and overheat should not be going on and off like that.
need to test your alarm system to see what all works properly and what does not

mike_i

Master Chief Petty Officer
Also just because you have cool water coming from the pee hole doesn't mean that water is circulating throughout the water jacket, it just means the pump is running.

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
The temperature of the water coming from the tell tale is no indicator of anything. Why are you trying to determine its temperature?