What year is my Suzuki ft 200 20002-031248

merit131

Seaman
I'm not getting any spark but the engine whines very nicely but first off I need to know can I make this print on this website any bigger my magnifying glass doesn't seem to do the trick the above Suzuki DT 200 Serial number 20002?031248 that's it that's what's on the tag no letters how do I find out please what year is this engine is thank you

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
the 03 says it is a 2000 model year motor

on my computer pressing the Ctrl key along with the + key makes things larger

merit131

Seaman
I thank you for both of those questions asked. Now that I know the year of the engine I can start finding how to get this sucker started. I just got the boat on eBay yes lovely eBay. The person who I bordered from said it hasn't started in two or three years he went through some hip operations. I put in new batteries it mines very nice I put on a portable gas tank so I know the big one needs to be cleaned. But I'm not getting any Spark. I guess I need to go checking for a kill switch or maybe the emergency shut off switch. Thanks again I'll be back Jack

merit131

Seaman
My neighbor says the engine needs to be all the way down or it won't start. I guess there is another safety switch. Is this true is there another switch under the engine as it comes down.

merit131

Seaman
I am a 69-year-old who I'm a marine trying to get my ass on the water the little Fishing maybe have a few beers and enjoy life in Savannah Georgia I'm not asking much . I don't have a lot of money so I purchase this boat on eBay from the boat angel which was of course a mistake gas tank leak how to remove it through I had problems boat had problems and of course the engine as problems. I painted up the boat a little bit got the trailer in good shape it's ready to go on the water if I had an outboard motor that work it sounds very nice when it winds but that's all it does there's no spark I know it's been laid up for a year or so but I have no idea how to get spark to the plugs I sent away for the manuals they keep sending me the wrong ones maybe this time I'll get the proper one .

I'm just curious is there some sort of trick to get this thing started I know it has the shut off switch or Killswitch if you fall out of the boat I disconnected that on the back and join those wires together to illuminate that situation I could always correct it later. Does anyone know of a way of testing for sport is there a testing kit that you plug into and they tell you all the good and bad things. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you Semper Fi. Jack

merit131

Seaman
Also if you're in the Savannah area by Warmington island and wish to come by with your expertise and trying get this monster going I would be willing to pay you for your services Just let me know my email is merit 131 yahoo.com it would be nice to have somebody that knows about this woman seems like such a waste it's not doing anything thanks again let me know Jack

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
most kill switches ground out the voltage when closed to kill the spark