1998 Yamaha 9.9hp 4 stroke Motor problem

twist3dfishing

Recruit
Hey guys, first time poster. I have a 98 Yamaha 9.9hp motor on my little 14ft boat. It has worked FANTASTIC for me for a long time, recently it has been having issues and now I cannot even use it.
Problems:
When I start it, it starts on the first pull and sounds great. After about 20 seconds of idling it dies (sounds like it is running out of gas). When it is idling I try and throttle it (in neutral or forward) and it sounds like it isn't getting any gas and dies. The bulb does not go flat so I don't think its the bulb... When I took the fuel pump off to inspect it, it looks like its almost brand new... If I remove the hose after the fuel pump and squeeze the bulb it does shoot out gas like it should. Do you think it could be in my carb not letting fuel get through? If so how easy is it to clean it (I am not a mechanic but seem to do well on projects)?

One more note, the first time that this happened to me I was on the lake by the boat ramp... It died like it wasn't getting gas (about 3 times), the 4th time it worked fine and got me across the lake... Of course getting back it did not work and I had to use my electric motor for 3 hours to get back :(

Thanks, Brad