07 Yami 50tlr enrichener circuit testing/verification Has me stumped!

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
So, enrichener does not function. This is a "push to choke" binnacle mount with the single engine key switch and lanyard right below.

I have verified continuity between red and blue when switch is depressed in both the on and start positions.

I have verified continuity between blue at switch and at engine.

I have verified 12VDC at switch.

I have verified 0 VDC at blue wire at enricher connection where the blue plugs into the female two wire plug where one is blue the other lt. green. 0VDC when key is depressed in on position.

That same connection gets ~2.6vdc when key is pressed in the start position. I believe this is some stray AC voltage as the green wire going to that connection comes from under the flywheel and splits several times and goes to the rectifier. either way its not enough voltage to make enrichener function.

All wireing has been ohmed. All connections are corrosion free. Freshwater low hours, clean and well maintained, all regular scheduled maintenance preformed since new.

Motor starts fine cold when I use the manual overide for the enricher.

I was going to throw a key switch at it even though it passes continuity checks but then I found out that it is ~$170.

Any ideas from some experts? Any tests I am missing? Any tests I described that are false?

I certainly appreciate any time someone spares to respond, I know we are all busy this time of year. I am just a little stumped on this one.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Disregard for now, something hinky is up and I gonna need to find a factory wire guide. Blue is choke color @ key switch and enrichener. But the blue enrichener is hooked to green wire of harness. No wonder I am not getting voltagenough.

Can someone verify that blue is choke at key switch?

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
the push to choke switch does nothing on a prime start enrichment system motor.
the enrichment heater unit gets voltage from the lighting coil when the motor is running.
it heats up a wax pellet inside the unit that expands and closes off the extra fuel as the motor heats up

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
the push to choke switch does nothing on a prime start enrichment system motor.
the enrichment heater unit gets voltage from the lighting coil when the motor is running.
it heats up a wax pellet inside the unit that expands and closes off the extra fuel as the motor heats up

so, on this 06 50 tlr is part number 63D-14380-00-00 prime starter assembly one of these heater units you refer to?

I do not have manuals for this run of motor, my yamaha stuff is older or four stroke.

Is there an easy test to determine if the heater unit functions that I can do without the manual?

I guess this explains it being wired to the green lighting coil circuit.

Thanks for the input.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Well, after the manual arrived everything tested fine. Solve for this chronic hard starter was to pop the plugs out of the mixture control and richen it up a tad...another happy yami now.