Milky oil in lower unit and dip stick 2003 115hp

Amber528

Recruit
Hello,

I have a 2003 4 stroke 115 Yamaha. Within the last 2-3 months the gear oil,oil,spark plugs, oil filter and fuel filter have all been replaced. I did all this after purchasing the boat. We took the boat on the water 4 weeks ago and everything was running fine. Started the boat yesterday with monkey ears on and noticed a knocking/clicking noise. Here is were I noticed the problem. **Milky/watery oil on the dip stick, as well as, milky oil from the lower unit. I would like to get some opinions/ ideas before i bring it to the shop. Thank you in advance.

Bigcountry0322

Recruit
Hey, I am only tossing this out there. by no means am I suggesting this is whats wrong. Does the oil smell like gasoline? Have you gone out and done any tubing/waterskiing or had rough seas? Could have got water in there and if it smells like gas then there could possibly be a leaky cylinder, or gasket. This is only based on my knowledge with small engines I/o and cars. . I am not very knowledgeable with outboards. Only I/o and car engines. Since nobody else responded, I felt obligated to do so, since I could possibly help ya.