2003 Yamaha 200 hpdi v-max with a constant LOW SOUNDING audible alarm. NEED HELP!!

tbstevens

Recruit
Was fishing a tournament a few weeks ago. I had the boat on a plane at about 3500 rpm when all at once the alarm came on and shut the engine off all at once. I trolled back to the launch and have been trying to diagnose the problem ever since.Alarm stays on whenever you try to start the engine now.... Here is a list of what I have checked and what the engine will do.
- Engine will turn over (Alarm on at all times)
-Will not start
-I have went over every wiring harness and looked at every wire for breaks or cuts
- I have bought a (used) ECM and put on it (someone said that is what it was)
-I have omhed out the kill switch, oil reservoir, water sensor, temp sensor, and everything checks out. (I am an electrical teacher)
- If I take the oil sensor out of the reservoir it gets much louder. (This is a lower sounding alarm)
- I have bypassed the keypad with a ignition switch

The engine is still doing exactly what it was doing the day it tore up. I need your help please. Any recommendations are welcomed. THANK YOU!!

N1NE1

Petty Officer 1st Class
May sound stupid but Have you checked for spark, fuel ,compression..The basics to give you a starting point.