Yamaha 40 HP C40TLRV OUTBOARD EMERGENCY ENRICHMENT LEVER (follow up)

tcarpe1

Cadet
Previous forum from 11/2016

"My question"
I AM HAVING TO START (first start of the day) YAMAHA 40HP OUTBOARD WITH THE EMERGENCY ENRICHMENT LEVER IN THE EMERGENCY POSITION. ONCE I DO THAT, IT SEEMS TO START FINE IN THE NORMAL POSITION. I WILL ALSO SAY THAT IT SEEMS NOT TO BE RUNNING PERFECT. I HAVE NOT HAD IT IN THE WATER, JUST ON THE MUFFS.
I GUESS MY QUESTION IS "IS HAVING TO START WITH EMERGENCY ENRICHMENT LEVER IN EMERGENCY NORMAL"

"A reply"
No it is not normal, should start properly in the normal position. need to clean the carbs and enrichment system .

"New Question, Same issue" (2/2017)

Alright guys, sorry it has been awhile, but I am still having the same problem. I took the EES off and found one of the nuts holding one of the check valve had came off. I was excited hoping I found and fixed the problem. I put it back on, but still having same issue. So I decided to replace all gaskets and check valves and prime start assembly. The only thing I have not changed is the body where the check valves are. The only thing I see that I am not sure about is the "in" check valve. It does not seem to seal completely like the "out" check valve.

Could this be the issue? I am still having to start it with the red switch set to Emergency.