Obsolete parts suzuki 6 hp 1995

titaniumneck

Petty Officer 1st Class
What can one do about lower unit parts that are not made anymore, obsolete. A 1995 6hp suzuki runs great but lower unit needs, forward, reverse, Pinion, inner race, shim. Reverse gear, and inner race obsolete. And cannot find them used on line. HELP.

titaniumneck

Petty Officer 1st Class
That's the sad part, is that I did look on ebay, I looked all over ebay. Nothing.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Check nearly every day. Some look for a long time to find parts for really vintage motors, even w the AOMCI resource.

There are outboard places that sell used parts, off hand I cant think of any thay carry Suzuki parts specifically.

Google

Used Suzuki outboard parts

I got quite a few hits. Do the same using obsolete instead of used.

Check your PMs

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Put it on eBay and let it be somebody else's problem, the value of a 6hp motor isn't high enough to put the time and money into.

igotit

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 1981 suzuki 9.9-15 lower.....been searching for a prop for about 5 years now.
Good luck

titaniumneck

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks to everyone for the input. I did find a site that could find them all. Kinda funny, it comes up, part 1 found in warehouse in Japan, 2 parts found at store in Russia, 2 parts found in warehouse USA, 1 Part Malaysia. If it wasn't for me using PayPal feature to only pay after delivery, I wouldn't have trusted it. But with PayPal I don't have to pay for parts I do not get.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
So what is the total cost of parts, and the shipping time? I'm just curious how the prices line up with other brands of outboards.

titaniumneck

Petty Officer 1st Class
Price of the parts were the same as this site, but 4 to 6 weeks on parts from Russia. Damn putin