Yamaha 9.9 Power Tilt Issue

jkline99

Recruit
Hi All,

I have a 2015 that has worked flawlessly since purchase. I was going to take the boat out and go fishing-- and the power tilt won't work. Batt's are charged. The engine cranks. I can hear the solenoid clicking. One possibility-- it is 10deg F right now. Do you think it is more likely that this is weather related, or the motor is burned out? If it is the latter, do you think the warranty would cover the repair?

Best to all,

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
There are issues with the tilt and trim systems on those motors, they aren't that durable, they are covered under warranty though. Probably 50% of the people I now have had issues with the system, some of them two or three times, these guys use them in a way that is more extreme than normal, so the average owner may not experience it.

I can't say that yours has a problem, you may need to do a little trouble shooting, and let it warm up a some. We use them at temps in the high teens and low twenties frequently, not down to ten though.

jkline99

Recruit
FYI: I put a tarp over the engine and put a heater underneath it for 12 hours-- the tilt is working now.