Suzuki DF 50 Starting Current Battery Draw

The Bob R

Cadet
Can some one tell me what the starting current (amps) would be for a Suzi '06 DF50 OB engine? I have installed the battery in a Minnkota TM Power Center battery box. I mounted a BlueSea battery switch to the side of the box to disconnect all loads from the battery. The primary (+) terminal of the Power Center has a 60 amp circuit breaker between the battery switch and the battery. I would like to connect the motor leads to the terminals on the Power Center rather than directly at the battery lugs. Do you think the OB starter motor surge current would trip the 60 amp CB on the Power Center? Thanks for that ampere value or where I might find that information. Bob

sam am I

Commander
Can some one tell me what the starting current (amps) would be for a Suzi '06 DF50 OB engine?

90 Amps @ 11V - no load.

"Starting current"? Loaded, probably peak somewhere around 120 amps, the starter is rated at 1.4KW.

Do you think the OB starter motor surge current would trip the 60 amp CB on the Power Center?

Yup

Last edited:

The Bob R

Cadet
Sam, Thank you for that information. I'll keep the motor leads directly on the battery terminals.