2013 Yamaha 25hp 4stroke

Woffski

Cadet
As you all can tell, I'm new to this and wanted to know if a Yamaha 25HP 4 stroke has an alternator? Thanks.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
things getting kind of slow Bosco?
Have not seen you post here in awhile

Is it really an alternator or just a battery charging system

OP might be a good Good idea to post you full model #
good chance looking at your name you and you motor may not be from the USA

Last edited:

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
things getting kind of slow Bosco?
Have not seen you post here in awhile

Is it really an alternator or just a battery charging system

OP might be a good Good idea to post you full model #
good chance looking at your name you and you motor may not be from the USA

Thought I would come back over here for a while and see what is going on.

I have given up trying to explain that Yamaha's do not actually have an alternator as that term is generally understood by the masses. If I used the term permanent magnet generator many would not understand. Maybe your choice of words are the best. A battery charging system. I guess that is why the question is being asked.

And yes it is highly desirable for us to know the actual model of the motor. But you know as well as I that that rarely ever happens. Even if we ask for it. Now in the case of the F25, all models issued for 2013 have battery charging capability. Absolutely the US models. I am guessing that all models. Even the Enduro 25.

Check out the Enduro models. Some three cylinders with one carburetor. Look at the compression ratio of the Enduro 75. 100/1 oil on some.

http://enduro.afmotorscuracao.com/

Woffski

Cadet
Well Gentlemen, I am appreciative of your time and responses. I will no long call it an alternator. Thank you for pointing the differences out. The motor and I are both from the US. The model number for the motor is F25LEA. Thanks for the information Gents.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Thought I would come back over here for a while and see what is going on.

I have given up trying to explain that Yamaha's do not actually have an alternator as that term is generally understood by the masses. If I used the term permanent magnet generator many would not understand. Maybe your choice of words are the best. A battery charging system. I guess that is why the question is being asked.

And yes it is highly desirable for us to know the actual model of the motor. But you know as well as I that that rarely ever happens. Even if we ask for it. Now in the case of the F25, all models issued for 2013 have battery charging capability. Absolutely the US models. I am guessing that all models. Even the Enduro 25.

Check out the Enduro models. Some three cylinders with one carburetor. Look at the compression ratio of the Enduro 75. 100/1 oil on some.

http://enduro.afmotorscuracao.com/

yea, when was the last time a 3 cylinder motor with 75 HP ran on a single carb,
amazing keep it simple concept.
and what motor runs 4.5 to 1 compression now a days.
are they betting on bad gas in some places these are sold maybe.
I wonder if that could run on drip gas from NG pipe lines(condensate) if you put enough oil in it?

Wolf glad we could help.
Come on back if you have more questions

Woffski

Cadet
yea, when was the last time a 3 cylinder motor with 75 HP ran on a single carb,
amazing keep it simple concept.
and what motor runs 4.5 to 1 compression now a days.
are they betting on bad gas in some places these are sold maybe.
I wonder if that could run on drip gas from NG pipe lines(condensate) if you put enough oil in it?

Wolf glad we could help.
Come on back if you have more questions

Thanks man!