Installing kill switch on 1980 Yamaha 25A

johnny81

Seaman Apprentice
Just wondering if anyone can help. I've just bought the above motor - it is a twin cylinder points ignition motor which currently has a toggle switch installed at the front in order to stop the engine (with four wires attached - running from each condenser to each secondary coil).

I'm looking to install a kill switch in case of a MOB situation. I'm fairly certain the boat has points - it is twin cylinder - do I therefore need dual kill switches in order to stop the engine - or do both plugs fire together - and can I therefore wire them together at the kill switch (I'm guessing I can't do this).

Thanks in advance

johnny81

Seaman Apprentice
Ahh - that looks great - just wanted to confirm that its definitely a normally open switch on both sets of wires - and closed when the lanyard is pulled. Struggling to find any information about it online - and just wanted to double check its not the same as many switches where only 2 wires are used in an installation depending on whether you want a normally open or normally closed switch. Thanks for your help.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
might try contacting who you are buying it from or Sierra themselves to make sure