help with a suzuki dt150 please

cds11

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 1988 Suzuki dt150 that I just put on a pontoon and I'm having a few electrical problems. first I cant get the tach to work, does anybody know which wire coming from the motor is the tach wire? also I don't think its charging properly, does anybody know how and what to check to see if its charging right? any info would be appreciated . thx, chris

cds11

Seaman Apprentice
I downloaded a manual and found out which wire is the tach wire and hooked it up to 2 different tachs but neither work. manual doesn't explain exactly how to check the stator or the regulator/rectifier. I searched youtube on how to check them and most stators have 5 wires, three yellow and 2 for current and ground. mine only has 2 wires going to the r/r. nobody has a good way of testing the r/r.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
do not know much about a suzuki, but with yamaha the manual give minimum peak voltage reading coming out of the coils under the flywheel and out of the RR in it's testing

I would think the manual would give something like that

cds11

Seaman Apprentice
the manual I got talks about testing the stator but it says you have to take it apart and test each coil individually. I'm just going to cross my fingers and get a r/r

cds11

Seaman Apprentice
ok, got a new regulator/rectifier and that fixed the charging issue but still no tach. any ideas?