DT55 oil injection. not geting fuel

Xxtegra

Cadet
i have a dt55 and it wont start unless you squirt premixed gas in the spark plug holes. The last time i had it out it quit on me and the gas line was full of air. i finally got it running long enough to get to the dock, but now it will never start again unless take plugs out and put gas in. It seems like the gas wont go into the carbs. anyone know what might be the problem?

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
sounds like you need to clean the carbs and make sure the choke is functioning properly

Xxtegra

Cadet
apparently the previous owner had the carbs done.but i guess that could be a lie lol.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
do you use the primer bulb to pump fuel into the carbs before trying to start it?
I just reread you original post and see it died while out running around.n have you checked the fuel pump and filters?
Also look for blockages and air leaks if the pump will not keep the carbs full while running

Xxtegra

Cadet
yes it has a new primer blub . also the tank and line is new . new fuel pump kit and new filter .you can see the gas going through the line till it gets to the carb when you prime it but it wont start. when i did get it to go i had to squeeze the ball as hard as i could and i heard a weird noise from the motor.got to the dock and it died its never started since then .

Xxtegra

Cadet
when it died i took the gas line off motor and stuck a screw driver in it and when i pumped it only air came out for 2 pumps on the ball

Xxtegra

Cadet
a little update i put the motor in a barrel of water. i prime the ball it was hard and wouldn't start . then i squeezed as hard as i could and it took the gas and started and runs for a bit with the throttle up . when put throttle down for idle it dies and wont start again for a few mins

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
I do not understand how you can see the fuel flowing threw the lines to the carbs
take the fuel line off of the out put of fuel pump or input of carbs and then pump the primer to see if fuel pump flows freely

if it does then you are left with a problem with carbs or the lines going to them.
Hard to believe all of the carbs would be a problem at the same time.

But if there was a bunch of trash that hit the carbs it could have plugged things up

with you saying you put a fuel pump kit in, I would guess there is a problem in the pump

Last edited: