Suzuki 2001mdl 50hp (evinrude re-badged) code help

Hi Guy's, Im going to try in here, I am having heaps of trouble getting help, even from mechanics in the area. Engine is an E50PL4SI 50 HP 4 stroke, everything on it including wiring loom is Suzuki just has an evinrude cover. Mechanic plugged it into his software getting 2 codes CTP Switch and Map Sensor, there were no provisions to clear these 'current codes', there were codes from the past including manifold temp sensor and overheat. Can anyone please tell me if the ONLY option is to replace these 2 items?, also if I do replace and it works will the codes clear themselves?. Engine/boat was dry stored for 6 months, no troubles before hand, upon first running of the season engine appears to be stuck in slow mode and comes up with these two codes, at 3000rpm the engine has a violent miss/limiter symptom.
Is there also any combination of ignition/lanyard/battery switching that can remove these codes?, Thanks for any help

Further symptoms, tried running in test tank today. Hard starting will only start with manual movement of throttle to around 1000rpm, very very rich smelling of fuel and leaving lots of oil and fuel deposit in test tank from exhaust. Can anybody please tell me where the cup switch is located on this engine

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
If I had that motor I would get a service manual for it
It is an evinrude so I would get one for that not a Zuke

Just out of curiosity what is a cup switch and a CTP switch

clanton

Rear Admiral
The CTP switch is just an on and off switch, disconnect the wires check with ohm meter. Switch button down 0 ohms, switch button up infinity. This checks OK go to MAP sensor, check hose from engine to MAP sensor, no kinks, no leaks, and check hose for vacuum at idle.

clanton

Rear Admiral
Codes will clear after repair, may have to start the engine.