DF300 lower unit

facesurg

Recruit
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]MAJOR issues with Suzuki! Have trip 2008 DF300's on my 35' Everglades. Lower unit on central engine failed secondary to corrosion. Order replacement in July, told backorder until Sept 1. No delivery, no response until call back, NOW told will not be delivered until Oct. 27th!!!!! FOUR months with my boat in dry dock waiting for a lower unit! UNACCEPTABLE! Have had no other response from complaints to Suzuki, wondering if this is experienced by others? if so, this will be the LAST Suzuki's I EVER have, absolutely ridiculous![/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]only ~400 hours on engines btw.....[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Appreciate any leads, ideas on where to get even a rebuilt lower unit quicker!
thanks
[/FONT]

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]MAJOR issues with Suzuki! Have trip 2008 DF300's on my 35' Everglades. Lower unit on central engine failed secondary to corrosion. Order replacement in July, told backorder until Sept 1. No delivery, no response until call back, NOW told will not be delivered until Oct. 27th!!!!! FOUR months with my boat in dry dock waiting for a lower unit! UNACCEPTABLE! Have had no other response from complaints to Suzuki, wondering if this is experienced by others? if so, this will be the LAST Suzuki's I EVER have, absolutely ridiculous![/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]only ~400 hours on engines btw.....[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Appreciate any leads, ideas on where to get even a rebuilt lower unit quicker!
thanks
[/FONT]

What does this failed secondary to corrosion mean?

seems you have a problem with the dealer you ordered your part from not Suzuki,
could be they never placed the order the 1st time

facesurg

Recruit
told that there was corrosion in the lower unit that led to it failing, was taken to local rebuild guy that stated unable to do rebuild

thought same thing about possibly dropping the ball, had another dealer on East Coast (am in Tampa) call and they got same answer and time frame from Suzuki per the backorder date on getting one....