YAMAHA 6C6 T60TRL L1019084 Aug 2011

seamanship

Cadet
Repair book for this engine? All seem to go upto 2010. Is this engine different from 2010?

I need to make adjustments. Engine was adjusted by Yamaha qualified mechanic, last year, and now it is goofed up. Very rough idle when placed into slow drive and seems to use more fuel.

mjf55

Chief Petty Officer
Try yamahapubs.com for factory service manuals. iBoats has the Seloc manuals.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
readjusting will not cure your problems.
the adjustments do not change by themselves,
unless some one has been jacking with them, you need to find what has plugged up/broke

seamanship

Cadet
A supposed Yamaha Mechanic has been jacking with adjustments. That is my problem and the reason I want a manual. Do not trust to take it back as probably will do more harm.

seamanship

Cadet
When the qualified Yamaha Mechanic turned and changed settings did not even tighten lock nuts. Had oil changed and oil was running down motor. Not impressive.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
contact your local Yamaha dealer.
they should be able to give the proper service manual # .
then look for that on line.

I cannot seem to find the proper link that i had that would give that info anymore

seamanship

Cadet
Contacted Seloc Co. Seloc claimes there are zero part changes in this Yamaha motor from 2005 through 2016 and the Seloc publication through 2010 should work.
We will see.

mjf55

Chief Petty Officer
You are better off the the Yamaha factory service manual.

seamanship

Cadet
Phoned Yamaha Factory service and informed a service manual for this Yamaha Marine Engine was not available from factory. I bought the Seloc and this publication provided the information I needed about adjustments. I was surprised how few manual adjustments are available for this engine. The Yamaha expert mechanic here in Clarksville, Va. goes out on your boat with you and hangs over the side to try and make adjustments. I have a few months left on my five year warranty so maybe I can find a real mechanic.

Since new I have had a problem with rough low speed when in gear and have been informed by the expert that all the new props are out of balance. Right.

Anyway, thank you for info.