DT2 Suzuki (1978-1996) contact breaker points question

nem_bee

Cadet
I have a suzuki dt2 model series dt2e (1984) bought it at a garage sale (disassembled after being submerged) in a box, put it back together, has good compression, it was missing points so I bought a new set of points. Below the flywheel, the shaft doesn't seem to have any sort of lobe, slot or gap on it, only the flywheel key. Is it possible the points preak is off of the flywheel key? Looking at the service manual and the electrical and crank parts diagrams available online I do not believe there are any missing parts.

.012 to .016 in. (.3-.4 mm) are the points gap specs.

I bought part # 32240-98034 points

I don't have quite enough movement in the mounting slot to have the points contact the shaft at all, and would have to drill out the slot or bend the cam follower arm to make these points (possibly) work off of the flywheel key.

Any help or advice, or a picture anywhere online, etc of the stator assembly from above of this model (1977-1996) with flywheel removed would be very greatly appreciated. thank you!

RCO

Petty Officer 1st Class
I believe the points cam on those is part of the flywheel hub. The flywheel unbolts from the hub, and has an opening on top to adjust the points, correct?