Yamaha 9.9 4 stroke no spark and meter reading

thatone123

Banned
This is a 2004, in really good condition I jut got. I read about testing the blue and brown wires with a multi-meter. I set my meter to 20, 000 resistance mark and got a reading that kept going higher with each touch of the probe. A re-test would not give any reading. Is there a chance to ruin the charging coil by doing this test and not really know what you are doing? I hate the idea of removing flywheel and etc. if not necessary and it is the CDI., which is an easier fix. I also disconnected the kill switch white and red wire. No change, no spark. My universal kill switch lanyard does not seem to have a Yamaha pin, which seems strange as it has 7 or 8 others on it. I just put in one that fits somewhat. Is the green light on front suppose to light when you pull cord if electric ignition system is working properly? This engine is almost like new. One stupid thing I did also was by accident try to start it with my 50 -1 ratio mix tank. I notice then I pump the bulb and after it gets solid more pumps push a lot of raw gas out of the carb in the back by the block. Help!

thatone123

Banned
Seems I got the spark somehow, maybe by disconnecting wires it jogged something or maybe there was spark all along? I have got it to start, but it dies right away. When I press the fuel bulb, once it gets firm a lot of gas comes out the back of the carb. IS this normal?