2008 yamah f75 4 stroke running problems

hrzracr23

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hello all I have a 2008 Yamaha f75tlr 4 stroke. The last few times I have taken the boat out it idles rough and sometimes stalls, when I bring up the throttle its like it only runs on 3 cylinders but the 4th will come in and out creating a surge. once up on plane it runs good for the most part, to about 3/4 throttle anything past that and the motor about dies out and has no power until I bring the throttle back down to 3/4 or less. It has fresh ethanol free gas, the plugs were changed last season. any help would be appreciated.

hrzracr23

Petty Officer 3rd Class
*Update* replaced all fuel filters, and spark plugs. boat ran great for about 30 minutes. Then it bogged down and stalled, would not start back up. When I tilted the motor all the way up fuel began running out the intake. I pulled the dipstick and fuel/oil mix shot out. When I got it back to the lift I drained the oil and it had about 3 gallons of oil/fuel mix in the crankcase. What could cause this ?

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
is this a carb motor or an fuel injected one?
fuel pump leaking or maybe injectors are the only ways I can think of

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
well in that case,
fuel pump leaking into crankcase or maybe injector stuck open and dumping fuel would be something to look into

Last edited:

hrzracr23

Petty Officer 3rd Class
i'll check the fuel injectors, where would a fuel pump be able to leak into the crankcase?

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
not sure if that 4 stroke has lift pumps that could cause this problem of not