Repower mercury to yamaha 2 stroke (controls question)

Skyla316

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 1992 Mariner 115 inline 4 installed, I just picked up a 1998 Yamaha 115 with control box.
Can I use the brand new installed teleflex cables with some sort of adapters for the yamaha control box an engine side?
Do I need to change any of the wiring for the gauges? Yes I have the yamaha main plug that goes to the engine of course that's connected from the control box but it's all the other wiring under the dash I'm concerned about an the new teleflex cables I just installed last month.

Goin on a 1992 Lowe aluminum deck boat.

Thanks

Last edited:

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
have you looked for adapters for it yet?
seems buying the proper cables may be the best if you cannot find some kind of adapters

funk6294

Petty Officer 1st Class
I just ran it through Google as well and couldn't find it either. Plenty of control cables, which look like they are standard 33c control cable but no good discussion on the cable ends. Without seeing the connections on the motor end its hard to say what type of adapter would work. Unless someone else jumps in with a better soulution, you may need to take a trip to your local Yamaha parts dealer to discuss.

funk6294

Petty Officer 1st Class
Looks like Iboats has the ends. Although there was some discussion about the possible need for a cable mounting kit. Will your current cables lock into the mounting brackets? If so then all you would need are the ends (below). If not, you will need a kit and it would best to contact Iboats or your local dealer for advice on which kit you would need.

http://www.iboats.com/CABLE-END-REM...275159--session_id.556092209--view_id.1567760