2000 yamaha F115

swenbl

Recruit
my 2000 yamaha F115 runs good for awhile then loses power shut down re start and runs good for awhile and on and on . Any ideas
Thanks Swen

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
how long is awhile?

my guess is fuel pressure problem if your alarms system works and not are going off including gauges, when the problem shows up

swenbl

Recruit
could be 15 to 20 minutes and is good again soon as restart for around same amount of time only hitting around 5100 rpm wot though

tommarvin

Ensign
When old ignition parts get hot/overheat they don't work for around 10-15 min until they cool down, then the motor starts again.
The typical post reads, I ran to the fishing spot turned the motor off and it would not start for 10-15 min.
The difference here is you don't turn your motor off.
Now what, 99yam40 thinks fuel, better change all on motor and off motor fuel filters.
If you can test for the fuel problem when it happens on the water,would be best, take the cover off and look around, take the fuel line off of the outlet side of the primer bulb will gas shoot out when you squeeze the primer ball, don't start a fire and test all you can.

swenbl

Recruit
well out again changed all fuel filters installed fuel pressure gauge 38 lb run good got 5700 rpm stopped to drop crab traps would not open up again untill I did a restart then ran fine again ???? makes me nervous going any where

Capt Ken

Commander
Is your alarm working on your engine? Sounds like the SAFE mode is triggering and then resetting when you restart.