How to update Suzuki interface?

Sarrre

Cadet
Hi,

I have a Lowrance HDS5 and a 2016 Suzuki 115 hp engine. However my engine interface cable got software version 2.9 and I need 3.5. As I figured out it is possible to update the engine interface through the HDS5, but how?? I downloaded the new files to the SD card, but can not find out how to proceed with the update.

tommarvin

Ensign
IDK, can you get software version 3.5 from Suzuki ? If not,
I e-mailed Lowrance a few months ago, and they really helped me beyond belief , and a whole lot more, great people.

Sarrre

Cadet
Yes I downloaded the files from Lowrance website. But don't know how to make the update! Do I need to place the update file in a particular folder on the memory card? Which one?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Have you re-powered to the new 115 HP from something else?

Basically, the red text says if it's working, don't upgrade.

Is your interface working at all after setting it up? Setting up - http://www.lowrance.com/Global/Lowra...Connection.pdf

It probably is time to try contacting Lowrance. These new systems are getting more and more complicated.

Sarrre

Cadet
Hi,

I just want to inform you that I succeded with the update! It was really easy. I was just looking in the wrong menus in the HDS5 unit. I should have pressed the "Pages" button, not the "Menu" button. Then I could browse my files on the SD card and update the engine interface :joyous:

However, I first called Lowrance in the UK and they said it was not possible to update the engine interface. Their support was not worth a penny :mad:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Good! Thanks for the follow up. :thumb: This may save some time and frustration for other Lowrance users.