15 hp Suzuki won't start

900cfi

Cadet
I was going down the lake and my motor started cutting in and out then just died and the low oil light came on.The oil is full and was changed 10 miles before this happened.Now it won't start.The motor is a 2007 Suzuki 15 hp.The plugs look good but I will check again.Anybody have this happen before?Thanks

tommarvin

Ensign
Better check the oil so you can eliminate that from the list.
You know it's fuel or spark, make sure she's getting fuel,change all on motor and off motor fuel filters, fuel injectors have fuel filters on them. Are there any air leaks in fuel line connections etc...
Oh ya, I learned this from Frank Acampora, take the plugs out squirt in one teaspoon/5ml fuel ,put the plugs back in, the motor will be flooded when you first turn it over,but if she fires you know it's a fuel delivery problem.If not fuel, get a Lisle 50850 spark checker and test each plug wire for spark.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
being you said oil was changed this motor must be a 4 stroke.
low oil pressure is never a good alarm to get.
check the sensor and then the pressure with a gauge.

MistaTubbs

Cadet
900cfi, I recently had similar issues and it turned out to be the fuel pump! A good test is when you hear the engine slowing down and about to stall, squeeze the primer bulb on the fuel line and see if she doesn't rev back up. It's worth checking, at least! Hope it helps..After all, 11 years is enough time for bad gas/sitting gas to dissolve/rust some components.

Last edited: