Auto oiler on Yamaha pro v 150

AZangler420

Cadet
Have a pro v 150 on a Skeeter bass boat I bought. It has an auto oiler for 2 stroke. A friend told me to disconnect it and mix my gas instead to avoid the oiler going out and burning the engine. Can I do this? I'm new at outboard, have another boat with inboard

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Stop listening to your friend. Yamahas have the best oiling system out there reliable and time tested, basically the same system used on there snowmobiles since the 70s. Nobody wants to take the oil injection off of them use your motor with no worries

AZangler420

Cadet
Thanks for the info, that's what I figured, it's there for a reason, leave it alone. I'm gonna have lots of questions as this is my first outboard. Thanks again flyingscott

tommarvin

Ensign
You have to maintain the oiler, keep it clean,replace the filter in the oiler so it doesn't get plugged up.
My gut says people don't replace the filter, it gets plugged and the motor burns up. Before the oil injection pump goes out.

AZangler420

Cadet
You have to maintain the oiler, keep it clean,replace the filter in the oiler so it doesn't get plugged up.
My gut says people don't replace the filter, it gets plugged and the motor burns up. Before the oil injection pump goes out.

Thanks tommarvin, will keep it maintained. First time I have had to deal with oiler, having an inboard. Thanks again