DT75 Help.. Engine misfires/sputters at high RPM

mphelle8vld

Petty Officer 1st Class
That tach has many options to match it to a particular motor, what is it reading at idle? Whatever changes you try, make sure to continue using premix, adding oil to the tank and connecting the sensor, it will take a long time to fill the oil supply lines to each cylinder, even after bleeding the pump.

mphelle8vld

Petty Officer 1st Class
There should be a small tag on the transom clamp with a number like 07501-912141, if you find it I can tell you the model year. Both the 89 and 92 have limp mode.

ericgormley713

Seaman Apprentice
Here's what I figured out. I took it out of the water, and hooked the rpm gauge . I was able to rev it to 5000 rpm. Even in gear with no load. Shutters around 24 or 2500 but will go to 5000. And to answer your question it was idling between 11 and 1300. Should I take apart the carbs again and match the jets? I'm lost

mphelle8vld

Petty Officer 1st Class
Don't rev a 2 stroke over 2k with no load. Also, the 5k doesn't mean much, the motor could do that on 2 cylinders with no load. I'm getting lost myself, you have a 94 motor with one carb from 92 and two from 89, checking jets couldn't hurt as long as you are able to set up the throttle sensor. I would consider ordering this monitor gauge to see if one of the warning systems is tripping the limp mode.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-Mult...ash=item56892bbf73:g:R6oAAOSwEjFXcnj~&vxp=mtr

ericgormley713

Seaman Apprentice
I dropped it off at a marina mechanic. I misspoke. The top carb is from a 94 and the bottom two are from 92. The motor is a 94. I'll keep you updated. Thanks

mphelle8vld

Petty Officer 1st Class
A. What did the mechanic have to say?

B. There is a connector going to the oil tank sensor, are the wires melted on the tank side or the harness side?

C. Where are you located?

ericgormley713

Seaman Apprentice
A. The mechanic sent me a picture of a damaged carb which was located on the bottom. He said due to the timing being off, the top carb was spitting fuel .he also said its not in limp mode because it is running on all 3 cylinders above 3 thousand rpm.
B. The wires to the oil tank are okay.the wires are melted on the oil floe sensor. I ordered a new one.
C. Port St Lucia florida

Last edited:

mphelle8vld

Petty Officer 1st Class
A. Can you upload the picture of the carb? Don't have any faith in his other two statements.

B. I know you're running pre-mix but if the burned wires are shorted, replacement could cure the signal sent to the cdi.

C. I'm in St Louis, if I were closer I'd give you a hand.

mphelle8vld

Petty Officer 1st Class
Looks like it was dropped at some point, can't tell if the main jet would still seat properly. Screenshot_2016-07-19-17-01-10.jpg

mphelle8vld

Petty Officer 1st Class
It would be a good time to verify pilot jet and main jet sizes, also the float level, on all three carbs.