Idols fine, runs good after a min or two of dying when throttled up

Beetle juice

Recruit
I have a 2008 Yamaha 50tlr 2stroke. It's pushing a 1648vs war eagle about 36ish mph. I have no idea what speed it should run but here's my problem. It will idol fine. Kinda revs its self up for a sec initially then idols down. When I throttle up it just barely goes and dies. When I put it back in neutral it revs up then revs down. After doing this for a minute or two it will take off and go. Seems to do it all over again after it cools down while I'm fishing. I've had carbs cleaned, replaced fuel pump, cleaned filter, spark plugs, new gas hose, primer bulb. Trying to sell and just want to get it right. ??????

tommarvin

Ensign
Is the RPM to low at idle when you just put it in gear, Our Force 125 hp is 800 rpm when you just put it in gear.
We just had a problem with our neutral interlock switch,I don't know what yam calls it, killing the motor at low idle, and just in gear in forward and reverse, it was slop at the remote.And no tension on the throttle cable.
We had to bend the contact point flatter where it contacts the switch button, yours is probably different but you get the approach.