704 Binnicle top mount control match up

Grampahook

Recruit
Have a 2002 Yamaha 30 hp 2 stroke electric start manual tilt (pull to throttle)------needed top mount controls(7 pin wireing harness) so I ordered a Yamaha OEM Binnacle 704-48205-P1-00 Top Console Mount Boat Remote Control. Trying to match up an ignition switch. I'm looking at the YAMAHA OUTBOARD SINGLE KEY SWITCH KEY 704-82570-11-00 (or -12-00)

My question is-----the caution listed was the switch is for a push to choke?? There is a manual choke on the motor --but you pull it out?----is this switch gunna work for me?

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

If the motor doesn't have an electric choke, no amount of push to choke will work. The motor needs an electric choke to work with the switch.

Having said that, often the choke is only needed when the motor is cold. You could pull out the manual choke to get it running when cold and just use the switch and warm-up lever or throttle only feature to start when warm.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
many of the yamahas are rigged with a key switch that is a push to choke that is not needed because there is automatic enrichment system on the motors, the switch still functions well just nothing happens if some one pushes it in