2014 Yamaha Outboard 150hp 4 Stroke - Won't turn over? (Fixed)

tcesar

Recruit
Aloha,

Eng: 2014 Yamaha Outboard 150hp 4 Stroke (x150xa)

Problem: When I turn the key, I get nothing...silence.

Here is what I've tested:
- Fuel - Good/primed
- 12v to the engine - Good
- Cutoff lanyard - Installed
- Digital Gauge - Comes up
- Tilt/Trim - Works
- Checked fuses - Good
- Shifter is in neutral/middle
- Drained small engine fuel filter
- Charged batteries, confirmed connections.

Any ideas of what I can look for? I'm assuming it's electrical, but don't have a wiring diagram. Hoping someone has some ideas, before I take it into the shop. Ugh!

I'm new to the forum, and enjoy the posts and replies. Super helpful. Thanks!

Thanks in advance,

Mahalo,

TC

robert graham

Admiral
Remove/ check/ clean/ grease/ tighten all those connections....could also be corrosion inside battery cables....

tcesar

Recruit
Remove/ check/ clean/ grease/ tighten all those connections....could also be corrosion inside battery cables....

Thanks Robert, I'll do just that. Also, based on my reading in others posts, I'm going to take close look ar the Neutral Safety Cutoff Switches.

Thanks!

.t

tcesar

Recruit
Fixed - Stupid me! . Earlier in the week when I pulled the 407 Controller (to clean and grease), I removed the shift lever and did not install/align-it properly back to the neutral stop position. Thus when I put in neutral (what I thought was neutral anyway) I in-fact was throttled forward... Ugh! Removed lever (two bolts) repositioned back to neutral stop position. Done!

Thanks everyone!

.t

Last edited:

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
good to hear you found the problem
But when posting about a problem, you might want to say what you have been doing to the unit up front.
That way we might be able to give you some advice closer to what the problem could be