2008 Suzuki DF300 pair overheating with exact same symptoms! HELP!!!

I just bought a 08 Proline 32 with a pair of 2008 DF300Z and it has sat for 3 years and has only been run a few times in salt water. These engines have 34-35 hours on them. I just finished putting new water pumps, t stats, poppet valves, new water tubes and grommets, tune ups, oil changes, all filters, new cylinder head temp an exhaust manifold temp sensors. That being said, I am still having the exact same overheat issue it had from when I purchased the boat. I have Suzuki diagnostic software and cable so I can see the temp rising on the monitor. It takes about 2-3 minutes of running at 2000 rpm's to set overheat alarm or about 6-7 minuted at idle or just above idle. When run at 2000 rpm's it sets a gradient alarm. When run at idle it set cyl temp alarm. Temp reaches 210-220 pretty quickly and I am not getting consistent tell tale stream from either engine. I have run descaler mixture through both engines repeatedly with no change. Has anyone ever had this issue? I have been doing marine service for a long time but I am stumped where to look next.

Last edited by a moderator:

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
what descaler did you use?

may have to pull it apart if the passages are plugged up.

Are you sure the pump housing and impeller are the correct ones?

I have had some luck dropping lower unit , hooking up a water hose to the pipe leaving water pump heading to power head , open up water full blast with stats & stat covers out and injecting compressed air into the water going in to move things around, washing stuff out of bottom areas of motor.
but that was not on a susuki 4 stroke

jbcurt00

Staff member
What hidden link are you referring to???? I didnt post anything hidden or any red buttons jbcurt00!
There was a link at the bottom of your post, I deleted it.

Perhaps you were unaware it was there or it was accidental. Either way, I removed it

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Bad gas, running lean, or timing being off might cause more heat, but would not affect tell tail flow

could it be that corrosion has eaten through something?

clanton

Rear Admiral
Remove the anodes from the cylinder heads, 4 in each head, you can see what the water passages look like. Waterpump change should include all pump parts including the housing.