Weird !!! Suzuki DF70

prattvan

Cadet
I have a 1999 Suzuki DF 70. Current problem is a BEEP (alarm).
As soon as I turn the key to the ON position, there is a long beep and the CHECK ENGINE, OIL, and LIMIT lights, light up on the tach.
The the LIMIT light stays on and the needle goes to 4000rpm. The light goes off and the needle goes back to zero.
Then I have a long single beep every 5-7 seconds with no lights, no codes.
I also have the same long single beep every 5-7 seconds with the engine running.
I have performed the 'Oil Change Reminder" reset
I checked battery voltage with the engine OFF and i have 12.26V.

I own the Suzuki Diagnostic software Version 7.0. It shows no errors or faults.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
It's been over 20 years since I worked on electronic video and pinball games.
They use a 5 volt power supply.
I assume the electronic power supply is 5 volts.It needs to be clean and stable.
Try removing all power,also unplug all connectors a couple of times.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
prattvan,some times threads go unanswered when the iboaters have no idea how to help you out. This seems like one of those type threads. Your unique issue isn't seen or experienced by many folks reading these comments and have no idea how to fix your issue. Like steelespike suggested, you could remove any and all power from the circuits and let them drain off any residual power before reapplying power again and see if that resets the controller. Worth a try, I mean it cost zero. You could also contact Suzuki and question them about your problem. They could explain more options to you. :noidea: JMHO!

prattvan

Cadet
OK

I haven't messed with the boat for about 3 weeks.
Yesterday, I decided to tinker with it a little.
I purchased and changed the cable (part # 36682-92E00 ) connecting the tach to the engine.
Now I'm able to see a code.............................

With key in ON position, there is a single beep every 5-7 seconds and the TEMP indicator lights up on the tach.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
do you think it may be a 1 -1 code?
That is the only thing this chart may indicate for a single beep every few seconds
But I would think the software should indicate what it is.

You really need to talk to Suzuki service shop

Last edited:

clanton

Rear Admiral
The last one of these I worked on with this problem, ECM was bad.